Every year Boise State hundreds students study abroad around the world. It is an exciting time for your student! They will grow academically, personally, and professionally. The office of International Learning Opportunities seeks to assist parents and students with the education abroad process. This information is intended to give you basic information about studying abroad. Please contact an ILO staff member if you have questions (208) 426-2630.
- FAQ about study abroad-Learn the basics about study abroad
- Education Abroad Handbook -All study abroad students are given this handbook, which contains valuable information about the study abroad process. Encourage them to read it carefully!
- Finding a Program-There are literally hundreds of study abroad programs available to students. This link will direct you to some of the approved programs available.
- Health & Safety Resources -Boise State University is concerned for the health and safety of our students. Investigate this link for more information.
- Financial Aid -Students can use their federal financial aid and many of their Boise State scholarships for their study abroad costs. Use this link to learn more.
- Billing -Learn more about the billing process for study abroad programs.
Boise State Faculty/Staff Fee waiver
Please note: The dependent fee waiver can only be used for direct exchanges or the NSE plan B program. Please contact ILO at 426-2630 if you are unclear as to the program types. USAC and other provider programs are typically not eligible for the fee waiver.