As a society, we should be aware of how to travel in a way that is good for the environment. Sustainability is meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It’s also improving these world-changing issues, including climate change and other impacts on our environment, that are brought on by transportation.
Below are some helpful links with information about sustainable travel while studying abroad:
- The Climate Trust Learn about how The Climate Trust, a non-profit organization, helps stabilize our rapidly changing climate with offset projects.
- Sustainable Travel International Learn how to travel responsibility through Sustainable Travel International (STI), a global leader in sustainable tourism development.
- Green Passport Learn more about responsible travel and how you can make a difference in your own home and community.
- Sustainable Travel Checklist Consider this checklist prior to going abroad.
- Center for Sustainable Tourism, Eastern Carolina University Find out what the Center for Sustainable Tourism is doing on a nation level to promote sustainability, as they create sustainable awareness in businesses as well as personal travelers.
- Ethical Travel Guidelines Learn how to have a positive impact while traveling by reviewing these guidelines.
- Transitions Abroad’s Responsible Travel Handbook Find out the positive effects of traveling responsibly, the impacts of study abroad, and the future of travel in this handbook provided by the Transitions Abroad Webzine.